According to Forbes, affiliate marketing accounts for more than 15% of e-commerce sales. It has surpassed social commerce and display advertising, becoming an effective tool along with email marketing. The race for market share, which was never easy, is now becoming more fierce. The content of the article below gives you 6 affiliate hacks on how to increase affiliate marketing sales and get your followers to reach, read/watch/listen, and finally engage with your link. We discussed everything in our affiliate marketing guide, and now we will learn with Sage Academy: 6 affiliate marketing “tips” to help you make more money.
How to Increase Affiliate Marketing Sales?
Learn these 6 tips to increase affiliate marketing sales:
1- Choose your affiliate program wisely.
Not all affiliate programs are created the same way, and not all are meant for your product. Besides the above two factors, you also need to pay attention to the following:
- Prioritize quality over the commission. If you sell a poor quality product at a high price, you will surely earn more commission than if you sell cheaply with the right quality. But buyers will quickly find cheap products, and your order volume will be less.
- Advertising in the digital environment. Some affiliate programs generate better revenue online.
- Promote monthly renewal products.
- Choose a negotiable supplier. Find suppliers that will renegotiate your commission if you consistently generate a lot of sales for them.
- Choose a provider with a good landing page. You need to reconsider if your vendor landing pages have outdated designs, are filled with ads, have lots of text and typos, have grammar errors, and have too many calls to action. Moreover, ensure they don’t contain phone numbers ( you may not receive a commission if the order is done over the phone).
- Look for affiliate programs with lifetime payments. With these affiliate campaigns, you can make money if customers continue to buy from your supplier even if they don’t return to your website.
2- Understand your audience
Studies show that customers don’t hate ads — they hate bad ones. Let’s say you run a fishing website. It doesn’t make sense to run affiliate ads for computers. Your website visitors are not coming for this content. It will make them confused and annoyed and think you have run out of content. Worst, they think you want to make a quick buck. Therefore, do some affiliate marketing researches to understand your niche and audience.
Successful affiliate marketing means promoting only the items that match the needs and wants of the people who are interested in you. The more relevant the product or service, the more likely they will buy. So always think about why people come to your website, sign up for your email newsletter, or follow you on social media.
3- Reliable – How to Increase Affiliate Marketing Sales
Some people use affiliate marketing for profit, not for followers’ benefit. However, customers are more observant than you think. So be honest about your intentions!
Remember that it is your return visitors who are most valuable to you. They are the ones who will give you backlinks and refer your website, helping you to expand your customer base. You need to be honest and ethical with your customers, building relationships based on the value of your content. If all customers see is a profit motive, they won’t come back.
Pro Tip: One way to show how trustworthy you are is to address any affiliate product or service weaknesses. Highlight strengths, then address a disadvantage to gain credibility (but always include a discussion to show how you overcome a weakness or note that almost all products or similar services share this weakness, etc.)
Customers are more observant than you think. So be honest about your intentions!
Consumers appreciate honest affiliates. So, when you disclose an affiliate relationship, they won’t hesitate to click your link. Of course, your followers can buy directly from the vendor (and they’ll know that other sites may also be hosting the link). So consider offering your affiliate link incentive. This is a great way to increase affiliate sales and differentiate yourself from competing affiliates!