Are you wondering how to make money blogging, what are the legit ways to make money as a blogger, what do you need to make money from blogging and more? Don’t worry, I will answer all your questions here in this blog post.
For sure, you must be wondering why some bloggers make up to 10K$ per. month while others are struggling to make a few bucks. The answer is easy. You have to do it right. A lot of people can write, but we can’t call them all bloggers.
A blogger is someone who writes valuable information about a certain niche, shares a helpful experience, etc… Doing the blogging thing right and monetizing your blog will help you make money online.
How to create a blog? How to make money as a blogger?
If you already have a blog, you can ignore this section. However, if you are a beginner, you should start your blog by following these steps:
- Choose a niche: Make sure to choose a niche you are interested in and have some knowledge about. It must also be profitable. Choose your niche wisely, and read this guide to learn how to choose a profitable niche.
- Buy a domain: Make sure to buy a short, meaningful and easy-to-memorise domain. I buy all my domains from Namecheap as they are cheap and secure. Visit Namecheap and choose a domain.
- Get good hosting: There are many web hosting out there like Bluehost, Hostinger, Hostgator, etc… I recommend getting a Bluehost for less than 4.95 $ per month. Check Bluehost offers here.
- Upload WordPress: Upload WordPress from their official site for Free!
- Choose a fast, responsive theme: Choosing a fast, responsive and elegant theme is crucial for a gorgeous look.
- Make keyword research: It is essential to look for keywords for your content. Long tail keywords with high searching volume and low difficulty help you rank easily.
- Write content: Write at least 20 articles of more than 1000 words. Add images and infographics to your content.
- Apply the SEO metrics on your content: Adjusting your keywords, Meta, Alt images, etc… must be set perfectly to get organic traffic.
- Connect your blog to Google Analytics and Google Search Console: This will help you analyse and optimize your marketing strategy.
Congratulations! You got a great blog and finished all the key steps. Now, it is time to get some traffic.
How to get free traffic to your blog? Free and paid traffic
After creating your awesome blog, it is time to get some traffic. After all, you can make nothing from content that no one sees.
There are two types of traffic, free and paid traffic.
Here are some tips which can help you drive a lot of traffic to your website:
- Create social media accounts for your website
Create a Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest account, and share your content on them.
- Use Quora and Reddit
There are a lot of options to get traffic from Quora like posting on your profile, answering questions and creating a space. The same. is applied to Reddit and Subreddits.
- Post articles on Medium and link back to your website.
Publish valuable articles on Medium, small ones of 500-700words and put your website links in them.
- Paid social media ads
You can also run paid ads on social media, this works a lot for driving traffic to your blog.
- Create PPC ads
If you have enough budget, you can also run PPC ads. This works with better revenue if your content has affiliate links.
How much money can you make from blogging as a blogger?
The first question people usually ask is how much money can you make from blogging as a blogger. I know you are asking the same question too!
Actually, this depends on your niche, topic, products, ways of monetization, working time, skills and more. However, with some patience, hard-working and developing skills, I guarantee you’ll make a good amount of money.
How to make money as a blogger?
There are a lot of ways to make money from your blog as a blogger. The methods vary according to your niche, products, traffic, etc… but I’ve gathered the best ways to make money from your blog, and here you can read them below:
1- Join Ad networks
The easiest way to make money from your blog is by displaying ads on your website.
you just need a blog and traffic to make money. There are many Ad networks available for the market, but Google Adsense is the best. After all, it is provided by Google itself.
Google Adsense displays ads on your website, and you get money whenever someone clicks on the ads.
Sounds great, right?
Golden Tip: Try to include high CPC keywords within your content to increase your Adsense revenue.
2. Affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing is promoting someone’s services and products. When someone clicks on your link and buys the product, you get a commission. It is more profitable than Adsense as the commission is bigger.
Today, more than 60% of bloggers include affiliate links in their content to increase their revenue.
You just need to write content related to the product and get traffic to this content so some of your visitors may click your affiliate link and buy the product.
Read this Affiliate marketing guide from A to Z.
3- Paid reviews/Sponsored posts
When your blog grows and starts to get a lot of traffic, companies will contact you to publish paid reviews and sponsored posts for them. It is a great way to get some extra cash without much effort.
Make sure to accept such offers wisely, and accept genuine ones only to not lose your visitor’s trust.
4- Sell Digital products and make money as a blogger
One of the best ways to make money from your blog is by creating a digital product and selling it on your blog. This digital product can be:
- EBook: share your knowledge as well as your affiliate links in your ebook and sell it on your blog. Use Canva for creating awesome eBooks. ? Click here and Get free access to Canva here! ?
- Online courses: Create valuable courses and sell them on Udemy.
- Webinars and virtual events: create paid webinars and virtual events to help your visitors.
- Sell photographs, videos, illustrators, podcasts or music according to your skills.
- Sell your developed apps, plugins, or themes and get paid.
This is my favourite way to make money online. Freelancers provide paid services depending on their skills.
Whether you are a writer, web developer, designer, programmer or else, you can offer your services and get paid.
For better chances, use your blog or a part of your blog as your own portfolio.
Publish information about yourself, experiences, education, previous achievements, clients’ reviews if existed, etc… and use it to get some tasks.