Review the SEO work done with your website using this best technical SEO checklist template, and fix errors, if any, to improve website optimization and create friendliness with search engines. The ultimate goal is to improve ranking. Ranking in search engine results increases the source of organic traffic.
Best Technical SEO Checklist Template: What is the purpose of the SEO Checklist?
SEO Checklist helps to perform a step-by-step check to save time and improve the efficiency of your SEO campaign from organic search sources.
SEO work needs to be done for a website, such as Content optimization, HTML code optimization, optimization of elements related to the overall structure of the website, link building, user experience optimization, and many more. Another factor is if you are a beginner, you need to understand the overview of SEO through the SEO basics guide and need to understand the process of SEO through the article.
Website launch checklist: 24 website checkpoints in this Best technical SEO checklist template to detect problems
- Website Name – Choose a brand or keyword domain name. Choose a domain name: short, easy to remember, do not contain special characters.
- The longer the domain age, the greater the credibility with Google
- Alexa Rank Alexa.com website rating parameters
- Programming, source code Reviewing website building code to support SEO
- PA – Page Authority: The power and reputation of the page are assessed by Moz: from 1 to 100, the higher the score, the greater the possibility of climbing to the top.
- DA – Domain Authority The strength and reputation of the whole website Moz evaluation parameters: from 1 to 100, to have a high score, the uniform power of the pages in the page must be good, focusing on one page at a time DA will be good.
- Page Rank Website reputation for Google: from n/a to 10
- Google Index: The number of pages of the website indexed by Google. The more indexed pages, the higher the chance of traffic to the website from search.
- Index Bing The number of pages of a website indexed by Bing.
- Facebook Website interaction statistics with social networks Facebook
- Twitter Website interaction statistics with social networks Twitter
- Google Plus Website interaction statistics with Google Plus social network
- Sitemap Check the sitemap file on the website.
- Check the robots file on the website, and make sure search engines can access the pages of your website for indexing.
- Blog Post: Check the number of Blog posts on the website
- Duplicate content Check duplicate content, URL…
- Mobile Friendly: Check website version on mobile devices, Google tool check Mobile friendly https://search.google.com/ search-console/mobile-friendly ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fseothetop.com
- Monitor your website’s indexing status
- Monitor and handle Google Search Console notifications
- Resolve issues in HTML enhancements
- Check Broken Link
- Install SSL Certificate
- Manual Penalty Review
- Canonical URL tag
On-page SEO checklist: 27 checkpoints in this Best technical SEO checklist template to Optimize for Search Engines
- Website Layout Evaluate website layout with user interaction.
- Page 404 Check and rate the website’s 404 page.
- The homepage URL is already friendly?
- Redirect 301 www and non-www The homepage of the website must have the same domain name as www or non-www to avoid data duplication
- Favicon – Company logo icon in the address bar of the web browser. Check the website has a logo icon in the browser address bar.
- Title – general description of website content Check SEO-optimized homepage title: number of characters, keywords, brand, etc.
- Meta keywords: the main keyword of the website. Check the SEO-optimized homepage meta keywords.
- Meta description: Describe the main content of the website Check the description of the SEO optimized homepage: the number of characters, keywords, the level of reader attraction …
- Heading Check the optimization of the Heading tags on the page.
- Images Check image optimization on the homepage (logo, banner, product avatar, etc.): friendly image URL, image name description, alt tag description, image size and quality, and image capacity.
- Navigation: Check navigation menu optimization: user experience and SEO support
- Breadcrumbs: Check for breadcrumbs optimization
- Internal link: Check the number of internal links of the Page.
- Outbound link: Check the number of outbound links
- Evaluate and optimize the robots file for the website
- Sitemap Evaluate and optimize sitemap files for the website.
- Text/HTML ratio Check and evaluate the text ratio on the homepage.
- W3C standard Open source HTML error check tool https://validator.w3.org/
- Non-Flash, non-frames Test website interface using flash
- Meta Robots Check meta robots tags and evaluate website navigation for Google.
- Meta Social Check the website’s social meta tags.
- Other meta tags Check other meta tags: language, author, refresh, etc.
- Page speed on Desktop: It must be green above 80 points. Use Google Tool to check https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/ insights.
- Pagespeed: Mobile page load speed. Check page load speed on Mobile.
- Responsive Web Design Check out Responsive web design.
- Mobile Friendly: Mobile website friendliness Test and evaluate mobile website friendliness for users.
- Footer Check optimization
✅See also: On-page SEO Techniques: How to Increase Website Traffic?
SEO Content writing checklist: SEO content analysis is essential in this Best technical SEO checklist template
The content on the page should be aimed at users first, not search engines, so don’t try to stuff keywords or try to fool Google. This will only work against you.
Please use keywords on the page naturally and strategically. You should use synonyms or keyword-related phrases to avoid using too many keywords on the page, making it difficult for readers. Here is the checklist with 76 points to check SEO standards for a website or article content:
- The title includes the Main Keyword right at the beginning of the tag and doesn’t repeat the keyword.
- Short, concise title <65 characters? See also: How to Write SEO Title Tags That Boost Your CTR? Double Your Profit
- Is the title written attractive enough?
- H1 contains the primary key cluster, and the conveyance is consistent with Title
- Meta Description tag, including keywords
- Meta Description Length: 100-300 characters?
- Was the meta description as engaging as advertised?
- Short URL including main keyword (3-8 words)?
✅See also: How to Write SEO Title Tags That Boost Your CTR? Double Your Profit
✅See also: Meta Descriptions for SEO: What is a Good Meta Description?
- Include promise in Header, H1?
- Grab the reader’s attention from the first sentence.
- Is the Inverted Pyramid style writing method applied?
- Is the content in an Authority Topic Cluster?
- Is it written by someone with good expertise?
- Did you research thoroughly before writing?
- Researched what competitive content is ranking for.
- Is the content attractive and unique to satisfy readers?
- Is the content beneficial and valuable to the audience?
- Does the content meet user intent?
- Is the content duplicated both on and off the site?
- Are you using LSI (semantic-related) keywords in the body of the post?
- Are you using a synonym for the primary key in the post?
- Does the first paragraph contain the main keyword?
- Content length? Between 500-5,000 words
- Content depth (really in-depth, useful, and valuable)?
- Use an active voice?
- Uniquely written content?
- Is there a proper order of presentation Heading 2?
- Is the content targeted and optimized for the best keyword phrase?
- Apply the Copywrite trick?
- Does the content has grammatical errors?
- Content with spelling errors?
- Does the content has a PDF to download?
- Does the content have a Video version?
- Does the content have an Infographic version?
Keyword Location and Density
- Title: use the keyword 1 time, most recently on the start side
- Description: use the keyword 1-2 times
- URL: keyword appears 1 time
- In the first paragraph of the content
- In the description ATL, Name, caption of the photo
- 3-5 phrases LSI (related) keywords in H2, H3
- 3-5 synonyms in Body, Interna links
- In the last paragraph
- Keyword ratio 0.5-1.5%?
- Is the linking context reasonable?
- Anchor text to use(exact, partial match)?
- External: There is a link outside the page to a trusted source (Authority)
- Internal: Is there a link to the Pillar post of the topic cluster?
- Use quotes to increase the click-through rate.
✅See also: Best 15 Free Keyword Research Tools for SEO: Rank on Top of Google
Reading Level: Simple to understand
- Using technical jargon that is difficult to understand?
- Using meaningless phrases?
- Using redundant phrases?
- Focus on customers, create friendly interactions and communication using the word “you.”
- Put your readers’ needs before your sales goals
- Does the content solve the problem or question of the target audience?
- Offer actionable advice
- Having established authority (Authority):
- Thoroughly researched
- There are illustrative examples
- Evidence from experts
- Using heading H2 to group paragraphs?
- Using H3 headings?
- Short paragraph no more than 4 lines?
- Use space between paragraphs
- Is it possible to use internal links to related pages on the same Topic?
- Are you using links In addition to Source Authority?
- Do you use at least 1 image?
- Do you use ALT descriptions for images, including keywords?
- Does the image name include keywords?
- Do you use lists or bullets?
- Are you highlighting important paragraphs with Bold and italics?
- Font, size readable well?
- H1: 20-22px
- H2: 18-20px
- H3: 16-18px
- Body content: 15-16px
- Is it responsive to mobile devices (Responsive)?
- Is the loading speed fast, <5s?
- Are you using the secure HTTP protocol?
- Is there a Social media share button?
- Are you using the Author box?
- Using Call to action?
- Call-to-action for each page
- Calls that match the context of the page’s content
- Download ebook
- Sign up for the newsletter by email
- Register an account
- Sign up for a trial
- Show off a CTA that stands out
- Persuasive, attractive CTA
See more tutorials to optimize SEO Content better:
- ✅See also: How to Write a Blog Post that Ranks in Google
- ✅See also: Types of SEO Content that Rank in Google: Hack the SERPS
Off-page SEO checklist: Rank higher in Google with this Best technical SEO checklist template
Optimizing for Off-page ranking factors includes improving search engines and user perception of a site’s popularity, relevance, trustworthiness, and authority.
Many people consider Off-page SEO to be primarily about link building, but there really is more to it like:
- Social media marketing: Social media marketing
- Guest blogging: Guest blogging
- Influencer marketing: Influencer marketing
- Content marketing: marketing and promoting content
- Backlink – link from another website about Check backlink count
- Referring Domains Check the number of backlinks
- Backlink GOV
- Backlink EDU
- Dofollow Check the number of dofollow links on the page
- Nofollow Check the number of nofollow links on the page
- Google algorithm influence Check google algorithm influence
✅See also: What Are Backlinks? How to Increase Backlinks for Free? +10 Techniques
Social Media Platforms
- Bookmarking Google Plus Social Networking
- Bookmarking Facebook
- Bookmarking Twitter
- Bookmarking Linkedin
- Bookmarking Delicious
- Flickr Social Networking
- Blog Blogpost
- Google Sites
- Other blogs
- Local Optimize Local Check and evaluate the website’s Local
- Comments on the website
✅See also: Off-Page SEO Techniques: How to Rank on Google?
Install SEO tools- Aprimary step in this best technical SEO checklist template
- Google Analytics Google Traffic Measurement Tool
- Webmaster tools Google Webmaster Tools
- Bing Webmaster Tools
- DMCA DMCA’s Copyright Protection Tool
- Rich Snippets Google’s information visualization tool, structured data testing tool search.google.com/test/rich-results
- Social Networking Widgets Help users interact with social networks.
✅See also: The Best SEO Ranking Tool: 52 Tools for SEO Analysis
Summary of Best technical SEO checklist template
- Do keyword research
- Choose the right domain name
- Choosing a web design platform
- Choose your theme and plugin skins carefully
- Plan your website structure
- Prioritize visual navigation
- Optimize URLs
- Design a mobile-friendly website
- Convert your website to SSL
- Help search engine crawlers index your website
- Submit your website to Google Search Console
- Set up a profile on My Business Profile
- Share high-quality content
- Set up main keywords for each page
- Prepare different language versions of your website
- Check out the latest Google updates
- Detecting technical SEO errors
- Create unique title tags and descriptions
- Check page loading speed
- Guaranteed uptime
- Links to other sites
- Monitor website performance
- Social media presence
This free SEO checklist above lists tasks to check after each SEO campaign. It is important to have an SEO plan to check regularly every day and every week to fix and adjust the errors.
Bookmark this blog post and check it for every website and web page you have.