We know that blogging is one of the best ways to make money online, but how to write a blog that ranks in Google and let you make money from your blog? Don’t worry if you don’t know the needed skills. You just have to know how to read and write as this blogging guide teaches you how to start a blog post in 10 essential steps to publish your first blog post, whether you’ve got 20 minutes or two hours.
How to start a blog?
If you already have a blog, you can ignore this section. However, if you are a beginner, you should start your blog by following these steps:
- Choose a niche: Make sure to choose a niche you are interested in and have some knowledge about. It must also be profitable. Choose your niche wisely, and read this guide to learn how to choose a profitable niche.
- Buy a domain: Make sure to buy a short, meaningful and easy-to-memorise domain. I buy all my domains from Namecheap as they are cheap and secure. Visit Namecheap and choose a domain.
- Get good hosting: There are many web hosting out there like Bluehost, Hostinger, Hostgator, etc… I recommend getting a Bluehost for less than 4.95 $ per month. Check Bluehost offers here to get a FREE DOMAIN.
- Upload WordPress: Upload WordPress from their official site for Free!
- Choose a fast, responsive theme: Choosing a fast, responsive and elegant theme is crucial for a gorgeous look.
- Make keyword research: It is essential to look for keywords for your content. Long tail keywords with high searching volume and low difficulty help you rank easily.
- Write content: Write at least 20 articles of more than 1000 words. Add images and infographics to your content.
- Apply the SEO metrics on your content: Adjusting your keywords, Meta, Alt images, etc… must be set perfectly to get organic traffic.
- Connect your blog to Google Analytics and Google Search Console: This will help you analyse and optimize your marketing strategy.
Congratulations! You got a great blog and finished all the key steps. Now, it is time to get some traffic.
But what if you don’t know how to write a blog post? Then, this guide is for you. Let’s learn how to write blog post that ranks!
How to write a blog post in 10 easy steps?
Are you ready? Here are the steps to write a blog post:
1. Generate Ideas
Thinking of ideas is the most difficult part of blogging, so it’s important to exploit your time in creative thinking.
So first, consider your goals, niche, your target audience, and what you want to offer readers and customers. Then begin writing down the types of stories your readers might be interested in.
To make your brainstorming more creative, use a worksheet, online tools, or Google Docs to keep track of possible ideas and topics. Talk to friends and colleagues for ideas, or browse blogs in your niche to get a sense of what’s already been done. You can also use prompts. Put all your ideas in a single place and always carry around a notebook or keep a virtual one.
2. Create an Outline
After getting great ideas to write about, you have to choose one and create an outline.
For your first post, we recommend choosing a topic that you’re passionate about and interested in.
Support your idea by detailing subpoints of your topic and listing important supplemental information, and focusing on where each subpoint fits in the overall structure of your post. You can look forward to apps for easy outlining, or you can follow this simple pattern:
- Section #1
- Main point
- Additional information
- Section #2
- Main point
- Additional information
Segmenting your information to better visualize it will make the writing a lot easier.
3. Write Your Post
After developing your ideas, start writing but ignore the impulse to self-edit as you go along.
Use your unique voice, but keep your audience in mind. If you have trouble getting the words out, set aside a specific period each day to write without distractions. Keep working until the time is up.
4. Edit Grammar and Content
The ease of blogging makes content quickly and easily shared, but if you ignore the (re)writing step you’ll lose credibility and pageviews. Digital consumers need a hook or a compelling reason to stay with your post, so let good writing be that reason.
Take the time to edit your work, and concern yourself with both grammar and content. Make sure to eliminate needless information and wordiness, correct punctuation and capitalization, spell correct, link, and attribute information properly, use reliable sources, and have an editing checklist so you don’t miss any little details.
After a while, step away from your computer and take a break, and then revisit your work for one last look, so that you have new eyes to see additional mistakes.
5. Craft Your Headline
Now it’s time to think seriously about your headline.
Your blog post title is more than a catchy turn-of-the-phrase to grab readers’ attention; it’s a critical part of getting your content seen by search engines and a virtual guide map. Don’t underestimate your title’s importance.
Focus on staying accurate and using keywords to optimize your title for search engines and social media, and consider using benefit-driven phrasing, powerful verbs, and numbers that speak impact.
It’s normal for your headline not to be set in stone like the first thing you write; use a working title and adjust as your post becomes more finalized.
6. Add Graphics
Photos give your blog a special flavor. Images attract readers to your post in the first place, and they give them an idea of what you’re going to offer in your post.
If you can’t design your photos, buy stock images from a site like iStock or Shutterstock, or visit websites that offer royalty-free images. If you’re using online photos, be aware of any attached copyright laws, including proper attribution and credits.
Don’t forget, good visuals can make or break your post.
? Click here and Get free access to Canva here! ?
7. Optimize for SEO
It’s useless to write a killer blog post if no one is ever going to find it. To avoid that, you need SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
It’s important in content creation to optimize it for discovery in search engines, which involves strategic use of keywords, URLs, titles, and templates, and meeting readability standards. Train yourself about SEO best practices and utilize available plugins to ensure that your content appears at the top of search engine results.
8. Hit Publish
Before hitting that publish button, determine whether you’re going to post once a day or once a week, it’s critical to commit to a regular and consistent publishing schedule.
Put goals to stay organized and disciplined, especially since readers need to know what to expect from your site, and deadlines for the creation of your content so that you stay on track. You need an editorial calendar that can be as simple as a Google Calendar document or as fancy as online tools like Asana.
After establishing your schedule, you can hit that publish button.
Now it’s time to share your work and invite consumers to engage. Here are some ideas to optimize your content for social media and get started:
- Share your post on social media, and let your content reach each platform.
- Use hashtags and tag influencers to get your content in front of possible readers.
- Encourage user-generated content from your followers.
- Capitalize on timeliness.
- Utilize analytics to track your success.
- Improve your social media presence by reading up on simple techniques
- After building a list of email followers through your site, you can connect them to your content through email marketing.
Create content consistently to attract more readers to your site and establish your authority within your field, so keep working on your schedule, build a routine and repeat these steps. Then you can sit back and watch your readership grow.
10 Practical Tips on How to Write a Blog Post Fast
Now, you’ll get to know the top tips to write a blog post or article fast.
1- Mind Mapping
First and most importantly, do mind mapping to offer a different angle on your topic. This will help you understand better what you’re writing about and how you can approach it in a new and different way.
2- Make AI Robots Help You
AI-powered writing assistants like Jarvis can be handy since it makes it easier for you to write a blog post fast. All you need is to enter the relevant information and Jarvis will write for you.
Jarvis can also be used to help with content formatting and copywriting, and abbreviate hours of editing your content. Then edit your content with another AI tool called Grammarly. Copy your content and paste them into Grammarly and choose the writing style, and it will pinpoint all the mistakes and suggestions it offers.
3- Hire a Freelancer if you don’t wanna learn how to write a blog post
It is not easy to manage a business or blog, especially in this digital era, so your focus should be on managing a blog. So hiring a freelance writing service is a great idea to write a blog post fast.
To hire a professional blog writer you need a few things like
- Choosing the right freelancer.
- Specifying the scope of the work.
- Providing them with a brief overview of your business
- Paying for their services.
There are tons of options like WordAgents, Freelancer, Fiverr, Upwork, and more.
4- Get the Topics Ready Beforehand
It’s always better to have all the topics beforehand so that you don’t need to take time and think about the topics when starting to write a post.
This helps you write a blog post fast. Follow these tips to help you get started:
1. Keep your topic interesting and relevant to your audience.
2. Create a catchy opening sentence to have the reader’s attention.
3. Use the best keyword research tools to get related terms.
4. Choose an engaging headline that can lead readers directly to your content.
5. Keep your content easy to read and understand.
5- Include the CTA to Grab Attention
CTA (call to action) is one of the best ways to grab your readers’ attention. This will make your readers more interested in what you’re saying.
They can be found on the home page, in the text of your blog post, or even at the bottom of every page on your website. They can also be used as part of social media marketing.
6- Research With a Timer
When writing a blog post or article, it’s important to research the topic well. This way, you won’t get lost in the content and end up producing something other than what you decided.
You can set a timer for a certain amount of time so that you’ll be able to get your thoughts organized and focus on the task at hand.
7- Learn how to write a blog post and Utilize Pomodoro Technique Posts
The Pomodoro technique is a great way to speed up your blog post writing. It helps you to stay on task and avoid feeling overwhelmed, and break up your writing session so that you can focus on a specific task and complete it quickly.
For example, let’s say you’re trying to write a blog post about specific content. With the Pomodoro technique, you can assign
- 5 minutes for research
- 5 minutes for intro and outro
- 10 minutes for outlines
- A break for 15 minutes
- 20 minutes for writing the body
- Another break for 15 minutes
- 30 minutes to edit your blog post
Writing a blog post doesn’t have a specific time, it may take from a few minutes to several hours. The time management shared here is just an example.
8- Don’t Edit to Write Your Blog Post Fast.
When writing a blog post, make sure to keep your language, grammar, and structure correct. Don’t make the post too long or too short, and avoid making any mistakes that could affect the quality of your content.
These tips will help you write an effective and error-free blog post:
1. Draft your main points clearly and concisely.
2. Ensure that your opening sentence is strong.
3. Use verbs and nouns that define your thoughts.
4. Keep your sentence structure correct
5. Use suitable punctuation marks.
6. Reread your posts before you publish them.
7. Use CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer.
9- Don’t Write When Editing Your Blog Post.
When you’re writing a blog post, don’t edit until you finish writing so that you understand what you’re trying to say and won’t have to worry about forgetting important points.
10- Add Images (Using Canva)
Adding images is also important when crafting a perfect blog post. Use Canva to make or edit your images.
Here’s how you do it:
- Go to Canva.
- Choose a template or size.
- Choose a design element or photo.
- Add texts.
- Download the image in a suitable format
Canva is a wonderful design tool for non-designers. It allows you to customize the text, design, and color of the image.? Click here and Get free access to Canva here! ?
Now, you know how to write a blog post. You can create a blog and start to make money blogging. Don’t underestimate this job as some bloggers make over 1K dollars from their blog.